A Trip With UNA
- Crafts & Food
We offer programs to experience the cultures of Kyushu with a focus on crafts and food. UNA introduces you to a world of workshops and production sites not easily accessible on one's own.
Join us to explore modern cultures rooted in local climates, histories, and traditions — what we term “nativescapes.”
Our goal is to create a journey that inspires both visitors and those who welcome them. We invite you to be a part of our community, even if for a short time.
CRAFT & ARTS EXPERIENCES
- Tsunagi, Kumamoto: Gaze Upon Art and a Former Elementary School While Riding SUP in the Sea
- Tsunagi, Kumamoto: A World View From the Sea
Art Viewing and SUP Experience (2hrs)
7,000 yen (tax and insurance included) per person for parties of 4-6
Dates: Mon-Fri, 10:00~, by request
Accepting requests now!
- An Easy-to-Make Eco-Friendly Reusable Bag
- Create Your Own Azuma Bag at Nomura Textile（~1hr 45min）
Dates: Please send us your preferred dates using the request form.
- Indigo Dyeing Steeped in Kurume Kasuri Tradition
- Make Your Very Own Indigo Art at Aizome Kasuri Kobo (2hrs)
Saturday 14:00-, Sunday 10:30-
Dates: 10/1(Sun), 10/15(Sun), 10/22(Sun), 10/29(Sun)
11/4(Sat), 11/11(Sat), 11/25(Sat)
- Walk the City with Artist Masamitsu Katsu
- Explore Beppu from an Artist’s Perspective (2hrs)
Dates: 10/7(Sat), 10/21(Sat), 11/4(Sat), 11/11(Sat) 14:00〜
- Turning Mountain Foliage into Japanese Washi
- A Papermaking Experience at Nao Tesuki Washi Workshop (3hrs)
Dates: Mon-Fri 13:00~
Please let us know your preferred dates through the inquiry form.
- Take a Sugary Dive into the World of Rakugan
- Make Candy Sculptures with an Expert Craftsperson (2.5hrs)
Dates: Please send us your preferred dates through the inquiry form.
- [Tsunagi, Kumamoto] Enjoy learning about eco-friendly agriculture in a town of art with a lunch of local vegetables!
- Tsunagi Town・Citrus workshop with Mr. Yoshitomo Maruta: Covering, harvesting, ripening of Shiranui Citrus (~4 hours x 2 days)
Day 2: A weekend in late January - early February (tentative)
- [Tsunagi, Kumamoto] With fresh, pesticide-free Amanatsu citrus juice & a lunch of local vegetables!
- Citrus workshop with Mr. Toshikazu Iwasaki:
Harvest Amanatsu Citrus in an orchard with a fantastic view (~5 hours)
Late February - early March (tentative)