Ureshino Tea Butler (2 days 1 night)
“My name is ___, and I will attend to all your tea needs during your stay.” Your Ureshino journey begins here.
A personal Tea Butler will help arrange all your tea needs during your stay at a traditional Japanese hot spring inn (ryokan); they will act as a tea farm guide, perform tea ceremonies, and also create personalized pairings of tea and cuisine. Tea Butlers, who are also the tea farmers who grow and process Ureshino Tea themselves, will offer you the very best of Ureshino.
- ● An experience that offers the very best of Ureshino Chadoki’s tea tourism
- ● Personal Tea Butlers, who also grow the tea they serve, know Ureshino Tea inside-out
- ● Enjoy sweets and Ureshino Tea, with its characteristic rounded, deep flavors and low astringency
- ● Experience tea served in Hizen Yoshida ware, an Ureshino pottery tradition with over 400 years of history
- ● Through an overnight stay, explore the many ways of experiencing Ureshino Tea
Tea, Pottery, and Onsen: All Three Traditional Cultures Come Together in Ureshino, Saga Prefecture
Though there are many hot springs areas across Kyushu, Ureshino is a unique in that it is also rich in the traditional cultures of Ureshino tea and Hizen Yoshida pottery. Ureshino’s signature tamaryokucha is made with a mix of the kamairi pan-frying method, with historical roots in China, and a uniquely Japanese steaming process — resulting in a tea with rounded, deep flavors and low astringency. As the tea leaves expand slowly within the pot, you can enjoy slight changes in flavor and aroma with each pour.
Although the tradition of Hizen Yoshida ware is from the Hizen region, home to flourishing ceramic industries such as Saga Prefecture’s Arita ware and Imari ware, and Nagasaki Prefecture’s Hasami ware, it is not as widely known. Along with tea cultivation practices, Ming Dynasty Chinese potters brought ceramics culture to Ureshino – producing pottery to be used in daily life. Ureshino is also known for its hot springs (onsen) — famous throughout Japan for their skin beautifying properties. Ureshino’s onsen water contains a high level of sodium, which — smooths out keratinized skin and provides rejuvenating effects. Discover the knowledge embedded within Ureshino’s local culture through a decadent exploration of the region’s traditions of tea, pottery, and hot springs.
A Cup of Tea with a Spectacular View
During this two-day one-night program for guests staying at the spacious Ureshino Onsen, Wataya Besso ryokan inn, a personal Tea Butler will help arrange all your tea needs — act as tea farm guide, perform tea ceremonies, and also create personalized pairings of tea and cuisine. After a welcome tea at Ryokan OOMURAYA indulge in a tea pairing dinner course at Wataya Besso, prepared by its head chef and Tea Butler. Experience Tea Spaces, picturesque locations situated in the middle of tea fields, and explore the limitless possibilities of Ureshino Tea.
※ Please send us your preferred date(s) through the inquiry form. We will confirm availability with the workshop and notify you as soon as possible.※As the workshop’s busy season runs from April to June, tour applications will not be accepted during this period.
2 days 1 night
Determined after consultation with each guest
Minimum 2 / Maximum 4
10 days before the start of the tour (for example, please apply by September 30th for a tour that starts on October 10th)
Advance payment at the time of reservation (VISA, Mastercard, Amex, JCB)
No particular requirements
|Note about Tour Conductors||
There will be no tour conductor from UNA Laboratories accompanying this program. Customers are responsible for managing their own itineraries.
20 to 8 days before the day preceding the tour start date: 20% of the tour fee
UNA Laboratories COVID-19 Policy
UNA Laboratories is committed to ensuring the safety of our customers, staff, and community. In accordance with municipal, national, and industry guidelines for the prevention of infectious diseases, UNA Laboratories is implementing the following measures:
- 1. Guides will wear a face shield during tours.
- 2. Guests are requested to wear a mask.
- 3. Hand-sanitizing alcohol will be provided.
- 4. We will check your temperature and general physical condition at the start of the tour. UNA Laboratories reserves the right to refuse tour participation if a customer’s temperature is over 37 degrees Celsius.
- 5. We strive to maintain adequate social distance throughout the tour, so the maximum number of participants will be capped at six.
Travel Planning: Implementation
- UNA Laboratories Inc. (Fukuoka Prefectural Governor Registration #2-951)
- 3-12-22-302 Yakuin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 810-0022
- TEL: 092-982-7956E-MAIL: email@example.com
- Domestic Certified Travel Supervisors:
Aya Tamura, Noriko Yahata, Rei Watanabe
- Business Hours:
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays)
- *Requests received outside of business hours will be processed the following business day.
- *Domestic Certified Travel Supervisors are responsible for transactions held at the sales office that processes customers’ travel. Please do not hesitate to contact the aforementioned Domestic Certified Travel Supervisors with any questions or concerns regarding the travel contract.
- ※ Please send us your preferred date(s) through the inquiry form. We will confirm availability with the workshop and notify you as soon as possible.※As the workshop’s busy season runs from April to June, tour applications will not be accepted during this period.
※This program is scheduled to begin Spring 2021. If you would like to be notified when registration opens, please fill out the form below.
- 2 days 1 night
- Recommended Age
- Suitable for All Ages
- 165,000yen (tax included)
- ※ In the case of one guest, the experience price begins at 200,000 yen (includes breakfast, dinner, and accommodation; tax excluded)