||Monday to Friday 14:00~
※ Please send us your preferred date(s) through the inquiry form. We will confirm availability with the workshop and notify you as soon as possible.
Meet at Ikeda Kasuri Kobo
Gallery, Workshop Tour, and Lecture.
While looking at Kurume Kasuri pieces at the Ikeda Kasuri Kobo gallery, join fourth-generation owner Daigo Ikeda on a factory tour as he explains the craftmaking techniques and history of Kurume Kasuri.
※On weekends, there may be times when there are no craftspeople in the workshop.
※To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the workshop tour will be conducted from the gallery, looking through glass windows into the workshop.
Indigo Dyeing Preparation
Dye an Unagi no Nedoko tote bag or your own piece of fabric or clothing. You can bring a piece of fabric/clothing about the size of a hand towel to dye at no additional cost. However, if you bring more than one item or objects larger than hand-towel size, please pay an additional fee on site.
※Additional dyeing fee (reference): shirt/shawl + 3000 yen
※Additional dyeing fees vary depending on the thickness, material, and shape of the fabric. Thus fees will be determined on site.
Indigo Dyeing Experience
Dye fabric in indigo vats.
If you wish, you can also purchase fabric and other kasuri products (cash, credit card, PayPay, GoTo Travel Coupon accepted).
||Minimum 2 / Maximum 6
(Groups of 7 or more can be accommodated. Please contact UNA Labs for more details.)
- Ikeda Kasuri Kobo Gallery
- 1840 Hisadomi, Chikugo-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture
- ※For those coming by car, please park in the Ikedo Kasuri Kobo parking lot next to the studio, designated by a sign.
- ※Please note that the gallery and workshop are located across the street from each other, and that the meeting place is the gallery (brown building).
||Three days before the start of the tour (for example, please apply by October 7th for a tour that begins on October 10th)
||Advance payment by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, Amex,) through the application form sent upon confirmation of reservation.
||Please wear clothes that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty.
Please note that you will be asked to remove all jewelry, watches, and accessories from your arms during the experience.
|Note about Tour Conductors
||There will be no tour conductor from UNA Laboratories accompanying this program. Customers are responsible for managing their own itineraries.
- ●The tour will be held even in the event of rain, barring cases of inclement weather such as heavy rain or a typhoon.
- ●All of the photographs displayed on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Also please note that as the workshop is not a tourist attraction, the processes that visitors can see may change depending on the day, and there may be days when some machines may not be running.
- ●Children of elementary school age and younger may participate in the tour with a parent or guardian. However, UNA Laboratories or Ikeda Kasuri Kobo shall not be held responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur in the parking lot or during the tour. In particular, when touring the factory, please keep an eye on your child/children to make sure that they do not touch the machines.
- ●We advise taking out domestic travel insurance when participating in this tour.
- ●This tour may be cancelled in the event that its smooth implementation becomes difficult due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the event of cancellation, the tour fee will be fully refunded.
||3 to 1 day(s) preceding the tour start date: 50% of the tour fee
Before departure on the tour start date: 100% of the tour fee
After the start of tour or no-show: 100% of the tour fee