A Trip With UNA
- Crafts & Food
We offer programs to experience the cultures of Kyushu with a focus on crafts and food. UNA introduces you to a world of workshops and production sites not easily accessible on one's own.
Join us to explore modern cultures rooted in local climates, histories, and traditions — what we term “nativescapes.”
Our goal is to create a journey that inspires both visitors and those who welcome them. We invite you to be a part of our community, even if for a short time.
CRAFT & ARTS EXPERIENCES
- Through the Streets of a Historical Machiya District
- Yame Fukushima: Meet the Craftspeople Keeping Traditions Alive (1.5 hours)
Dates: 10/7, 10/14 (Sat), 10/21 (Sat), 10/28 (Sat),
11/4 (Sat), 11/11 (Sat), 11/18 (Sat), 11/25 (Sat)
- Experience Weaving with the Artisan's Own Tools
- Stroll Historical Fukuoka with a Hakata-ori Craftsperson (2hrs)
Dates: 10/7(Sat), 10/21(Sat), 10/28(Sat)
11/4(Sat), 11/18(Sat), 11/23(Sat)
- An Easy-to-Make Eco-Friendly Reusable Bag
- Create Your Own Azuma Bag at Nomura Textile（~1hr 45min）
Dates: Please send us your preferred dates using the request form.
- Indigo Dyeing Steeped in Kurume Kasuri Tradition
- Make Your Very Own Indigo Art at Aizome Kasuri Kobo (2hrs)
Saturday 14:00-, Sunday 10:30-
Dates: 10/1(Sun), 10/15(Sun), 10/22(Sun), 10/29(Sun)
11/4(Sat), 11/11(Sat), 11/25(Sat)
- Visit an Innovative Kurume Kasuri Weaver’s Workshop
- Transform Kurume Kasuri into a Scarf at Shimogawa Textile (2hrs)
Weekday 14:00~, Saturday 10:00~
Dates: Please send us your preferred dates.
- Tracing the Roots of an Art of Paper and Glue
- Create Washi Paper Lamps with a Yamaga Lantern Craftsperson (2hrs)
Friday, Saturday 13:00-
Dates: 10/13(Fri), 10/14(Sat), 10/20(Fri),10/27(Fri), 10/28(Sat)
- Walk the City with Artist Masamitsu Katsu
- Explore Beppu from an Artist’s Perspective (2hrs)
Dates: 10/7(Sat), 10/21(Sat), 11/4(Sat), 11/11(Sat) 14:00〜